Thursday, February 6, 2014

Happy Birthday Ana!

Ana turns five!

Ana turned FIVE years old!  Wow!  Has it really been five years?  We are in a season of birthdays and milestones for our children.  There is so much to celebrate, reflect on, remember and celebrate.  This five year birthday seems to be a big one for Ana.  She has been anticipating it for a long time.  "When I'm five I can..." was a phrase we heard a lot.  It seemed to symbolize to her a passing from little kid to big kid.  Now we hear, "Now that I am five, I can..." Getting her ears pierced was the big event Ana was looking forward to.  We have been talking to her about getting them pierced for a few months now.  She has been so excited in anticipation.  When Ana was born, I really wanted to get her ears pierced but I wasn't sure about where to go for a baby's ears.  I decided to wait until she was five.  That's when I got mine pierced and I remember it well. I remember going to the market (we were living in Nigeria then) and I would look at the earrings on a cardboard stand.  The blue ones were my favorite and I was so excited to finally take them home.  I still have them!  Well, I was hoping to give her a sweet memory, too. So, on Saturday we headed to the mall with the whole family.  Ana hopped right in the chair at Claire's and was eager to get her earrings as soon as possible. She picked out some red sparkly one - no surprise! and sat very still for the ladies with the guns.  I must admit I didn't warn her well for what was about to happen and she cried when the guns went off, probably more out of fear.  But all tears were gone as soon as we held a mirror up.  She has been all smiles since!

A few side notes, we will be having a big party for Ana and Lukas in two weeks.  So for now, Ana opened a few gifts and we ate her request of chocolate cupcakes.  Also, sorry these pictures are almost a week late, but our camera card broke :(

Ana just after she got her ears pierced!  So brave!

No comments:

Post a Comment