Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Crayon Roll Ups

Ana's Mini Mouse crayon roll up

I love being creative.  But, I have just been to busy these past years to do much "crafting." Perhaps three small children and a part time job have contributed to a more hectic lifestyle.  But lately I've been more aware of how much I miss it.  So, I am trying to make some room to sneak it back into my life.  The past and upcoming birthday parties have been one "outlet."  And now a few old crafts have been found that need finishing.  How about a baby quilt started over five year ago, and a knitted throw blanket started 4 years ago.  I also found a lot of old scrap material.  How did all this get "found"?  Well, we are in a constant state of reorganizing and moving stuff in our house to make room for more stuff.  Its the blessing and curse of a house with little storage.  After Christmas, well, we needed to make some room and my crafting supplies that have been taking up a large amount of space for years - with out being touched- needed to go.  The good in all this - besides space, is that I have become determined to finish some of these crafts... and start some new ones.

Now onto the craft.  On Sunday, Ana and Lukas were squabbling over crayons in church.  My ziplock baggie seemed archaic.  When I was a kid, my sister and I had a crayon holder that we took to church.  It held each crayon in a pouch with a large pouch for our paper behind them.  I looked for this pattern on line and couldn't find it.  However I did find a "how to" on line at this site for a crayon roll up.  There are lots of similar sites out there but this one had nice pictures.

Here are the results!  They turned out pretty good in my opinion and it only took me an evening to make them...a very long evening. So glad we had a snow day the next day :)


Lukas' baseball crayon roll up

Our roll ups include crayons, and a pouch for candy and our push pens.

No comments:

Post a Comment