Saturday, August 3, 2013

Canning


We have had a pretty good return on our garden this year.  We still have an over abundance of zucchini and yellow squash.  While our tomatos were small - very small for Romas, they did can well.  They made 11 jars of pizza sauce!


Last week we tried picking peaches, and well, that was a disaster - at least for the "picking" part.  we got the kids, stroller, baby and all back into the peach grove.  We were ducking bees the whole way.  We thought it would get better but when Randy reached up to pick a peach we were swarmed.  I tried too with the same result and we got out of there.  We went on to the blackberries and had the same result.  Thankfully the blueberry bushes were small and bee-less. So we pick some blueberries and called it a day.  I did, however buy half a bushel from their store.  I don't know who picks those peaches or how they do it, but I was glad it wasn't us!

No comments:

Post a Comment