
So I've been really getting the creative bug. Probably since it is winter and you have more time indoors. I've been working mostly on 3 memory books for the family and kids. But sometimes I need a break and a new craft.
In Michigan, I went with family to "Naked Plates" to paint on pottery. I knew I was going to be in trouble when there was a time limit. Imagine that, the store had a closing time! I had to return two days later to finish my pottery piece. I put an additional 4 hours into it, and was still changing things last minute. When I finally let the piece leave my hands and be taken away to be fired, I had no idea what the end result would be. And honestly I was okay with that. The joy of just painting and creating was worth every minute and penny (that I didn't spend - Thanks Mom Boz!) It was really an invigorating experience.
So, I have been looking for smaller crafty ideas at home. I tried making my own shampoo and face soap - the verdicts still out, I will let you know when I have it figured out! And something with more immediate satisfaction, was to make "puzzle bags." Yep, bags to put my kids puzzles in. You know, the wood ones with the large pieces that you hope won't get lost, and that you end up doing way more than your kids... yeah, those ones. So, I thought I could help contain these pieces better in bag or sack. Well, it was very fun to pick out material to match the puzzle themes, and satisfying to slip those puzzles inside when I was done. Useful? well maybe not, but it felt creative. I guess thats all that really matters!

Look at you little miss creative! I love it!
ReplyDelete