Sunday, October 24, 2010

Canning Done!

Well, it's over, finished, and done. I canned this summer and learned alot, but we are done canning! I was tempted to "can on" this fall and make applesauce, but i am refraining. End on a good note, start small, keep it simple is what a small voice inside says, and I think I will listen! I was able to can peaches, salsa, and pizza/pasta sauce. Randy has consumed much of the salsa already and I am a big fan of the pizza sauce. I have began to make homemade pizza a few times a month.


We still have tomatoes coming in from the garden, but we are finding other uses. They are not as tasty anyway, the cold nights are hindering them. Speaking of the garden, we are closing the summer version down. I think we got our last bunch of beans and peppers. Hopefully we will have some success with onions, spinach and garlic this fall. By the way, I still have 5 papaya trees in the upper garden. The leaves are great for teas and herbal remedies, any takers? I am currious to see how long these trees last...

1 comment:

  1. Look at all your canning!!! AMAZING!!! You continue to blow my mind!!! Way to work it!!!

    ReplyDelete