Yay! It's finished! I started this baby blanket before Ana was born and now...after Lukas is born...its done. I love the color yellow for babies and still think of it as "Ana's color." So the blanket will be hers. We did her room in greens and yellows with a yellow duck pattern so this blanket will compliment that nicely, although the room will be going to Lukas this summer. Which brings me to my question: Why are ducks always illustrated in yellow? Why yellow ducks? I've never seen a yellow duck. I've seen brown, black, gray and white - i think - but never yellow. Anyway... now, should i start one for Lukas?
Sunday, March 14, 2010
It's Finally Finished!
Yay! It's finished! I started this baby blanket before Ana was born and now...after Lukas is born...its done. I love the color yellow for babies and still think of it as "Ana's color." So the blanket will be hers. We did her room in greens and yellows with a yellow duck pattern so this blanket will compliment that nicely, although the room will be going to Lukas this summer. Which brings me to my question: Why are ducks always illustrated in yellow? Why yellow ducks? I've never seen a yellow duck. I've seen brown, black, gray and white - i think - but never yellow. Anyway... now, should i start one for Lukas?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Baby ducks are often yellow! I think that's where it comes from.
ReplyDeleteOh, the blanket is lovely!!! ;) You did a fabulous job and Ana will love it!
ReplyDeleteAlso, yes to real baby ducks being yellow! ;)