Sunday, December 12, 2010

Soap Making

So, I saw on another homemaker's blog a "How To" on liquid soap making. I was very interested since I have some negative opinions towards the chemicals used in many common liquid handsoaps. Wondering what it would cost and what it would take to do it myself, I thought I would give it a try. After purchasing glycerin and a natural soap bar (I recommend using a castile soap bar), I followed instructions and had liquid hand soap in less than 30 minutes! Very easy and very rewarding! And affordable? Definitely! The glycerin was the only expensive purchase. A large bottle cost me $10. But I later found a similar size at Hobby Lobby for much less.... urg. But now I know. I am, however, on the look out for inexpensive soap dispensers. I cleared out Hobby Lobby's supply and couldn't find anymore in town - anywhere! If anyone has any suggestions about where else to find liquid handsoad dispensers I would love to know! Well, here are a few pics of my endeavour.

2 comments:

  1. You're amazing and just so fearless!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that blender will never be the same..LOL!
    I'm sure though that you are very satisfied with your new accomplishments.

    ReplyDelete