The last two Sundays we have had excellent sermons that have made me question just how much I am allowing Christ to live in me. Over and over scriptures show that to live as Christ is to love "the least of these." Who are the needy, poor, afflicted, unlovely people in my community, in my bubble? Am I loving these? My shut-in neighbor, the man on the corner asking for money, families in the community who don't have enough food, and even those in prison come to mind. It can be as close to home as a neighbor and as far away as another continent. But as seen in the parable of the Good Samaritan, there are no excuses. What does this mean for me, a stay at home mother with two young kids? I don't know yet.
If you haven't heard these sermons, I encourage you to listen to the downloaded audio. Click on Sermons and listen to sermon 5/30 (Woods) and 5/09 (Banister). I think that order is the best.
No comments:
Post a Comment